Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sunshine

I've always loved the sun (I'm a little less of a fan when it's 102 degrees outside, but overall...). The best is the morning sun. My bedroom window faces the east and I get to wake up to the sun pouring in through my curtains. It just seems so full of possibilities. Anything can happen when it's morning. The day is not ruined yet by all the things that seem to fill up and wreck a good day.

We'll see how I feel in 11 hours when I actually get to return to my home. By then the beauty of the morning sun will probably have been beaten out of me by stress, frustration, and sad stories. For me, maybe the morning sun is a reminder from God that the day is new and fresh and full of Him. Maybe keeping that feeling of morning sun will make the stress, frustration, and sad stories seem a little less dark and a little more open to possibility.

Or maybe I'll get home all grumpy. You never know. At least I have So You Think You Can Dance to cheer me up tonight... don't judge me... it's a really good show... seriously...

No comments: