Friday, January 11, 2008

Five Years


Today marks the fifth anniversery of my dad's death. It's been five years since I've heard his voice, eaten his crazy cooking, or teased his silliness. When I really think about it, I feel like a part of myself is missing. Like I make less sense without him in the world. But I guess that's how you always feel when you lose someone you love. A part of you dies with them... but in turn a part of them lives on in you.

He wasn't a perfect man or the greatest father... but he was good. He was a good man who provided for his family despite difficulties. He was a good man who taught his kids what it meant to follow God and pursue your passions. But mostly, he was a good man who made his daughter feel special and important and loved.

I love you dad.

No comments: